England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Friday, January 13, 2017

"Time Has A Wonderful Way of Showing Us What Really Matters."

Hello everyone!
If this doesn't define out MTC group, I don't know
what else will...ELSM 2015-2017

This week has been crazy! Moves week never seems to get easier and you would think that after doing it for 5 times now, I'd be used to the chaos that goes on but I guess not... This time around, everyone in England decided it'd be nice to have train strikes all week so that meant that all of the missionaries coming in and leaving would have a harder time with their travels. Fun right? It was good though! Half of our MTC group headed home this week which sparked a moment of reality for myself and I had to really gather myself and realize that time has actually flown by as fast as what it has felt like. I mean... 18 months has gone by and I have 4 months left to serve in England and it is actually quite scary now... We have a lot of awesome things happening this month with some Zone Conference trainings and also interviews with President again which I'm looking forward to. On January 25, we will be having another Worldwide Missionary Broadcast where we will get to here from the Missionary Department leaders and they'll get to explain some changes that will be taking place to all the missionaries in the world. (We already know but things could change come that time) Something to look forward to!

We had an exciting week and some awesome miracles so hope that you enjoy!

Thursday: January 5th, 2017
Today we had MLC and we had the chance to go over some of the changes that would be taking place among the missionary schedule! I am so excited for the chance to learn how to schedule things differently and at our own will now! A little more power in our hands and we can grow up just a tad more than we already have! Super nice! 

MLC Leadership January 2017!
Friday: January 6th, 2017
We started a new tradition where following MLC we will also do a training for the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders and today was powerful. President basically went away from the agenda we produced(pretty normal haha) and we were totally fine with it. He conducted basically a heart to heart moment with all of us and didn't stop until he felt the Spirit tell him to stop. Within the next 3 hours, we talked about a baptismal goal for the mission, personal experiences, and a few leaders shared some personal testimonies which brought the Spirit into the room! It was a well needed heart to heart moment which got us all pumped and ready to go! Later that evening, I had a small talk with President and his wife and just talked about that little moment of reality hitting me that my time in the mission field is quickly coming to an end. He reiterated something he has told me before and it was that there is nothing to be nervous or concerned about when heading home! It's an amazing time and one of the best and it's something to look forward to with great anticipation. He also mentioned to just have fun and enjoy the time I have left. I swear... he is just full of some of the best wisdom you could look for.

Saturday: January 7th, 2017
MTC Group's Last MLC Together!
We had a pretty solid weekly planning today and set up plans to accomplish the mission vision weekly and also to baptize this transfer. I set a baptismal goal before I left to England on how many people I wanted to help receive the blessings and joy I have found in my own life 3 years ago and I have 4 months to get 2 more. Right now, we have some solid people on date and they are just wonderful! 

Sunday: January 8th, 2017
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK! #1
Alright so this was literally the best day of my mission... I know I say that a lot but it's because every new day literally brings that statement! We had a teach tonight with one of our friend's Maureen and along with us, we had a member of the ward join us to help us out. We sat down and had good conversation about her life and her husbands for a bit with just natural things and bike riding and stuff. Then we jumped into the lesson and after the prayer, this member just started right off with asking question after question about her beliefs and wow... it opened her up a ton and then we went into the Book of Mormon, and then the Bible, and then the Book of Mormon again. We covered a portion of the Bible in John 3:1-5 and we talked about the baptism of water and of the Spirit(also known as the baptism of fire). After he explained a little bit of the scripture, she just paused and was like, "wait... it's so simple and right there. Wait, this means that every other church out there only performs half the baptism. It's right there... so clear and plain! How did I miss that?" It was INSANE! All 3 of us elders just started laughing in amazement with her and were blown away by how the Spirit literally taught her right in front of us. Then we proceeded to add another witness of it from 2 Nephi 31:13,17 and she was just loving it! Literally one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in and it was amazing to see how the Book of Mormon and the Bible come together to truly correct the misinterpretations of scripture and false doctrines that are taught throughout the world today. A testimony builder for myself for sure.

Monday: January 9th, 2017
18 month anniversary today... weird enough haha. We went to president's and had our usual Monday routine and then prepared for the coming days training meeting for the new missionaries and trainers! Tonight we said our farewells to those that were departing which is always the hardest part of every transfer, especially when you realize that this time, it was your MTC group leaving... time flies...

Tuesday: January 10th, 2017
We trained the trainers today which was fun again. We had a couple that have already trained but we also had some new ones that haven't trained yet that were among the mix. Tonight we also said our farewells to those that were departing which is always the hardest part of every transfer, especially when you realize that this time, it was your MTC group leaving... time flies...

Wednesday: January 11th, 2017
It's always exciting to see new missionaries and the excitement that they. By excitement, I means nerves on end... haha! I know how they feel though... even though it was 8 months ago, I can still remember our bus ride over from the MTC and then our assigning meeting... funny being on the other end of things now giving the training but also seeing their reactions and knowing exactly how they feel! We had a powerful lesson with our friend Brittany tonight with the Cooper's and we talked about our true identity and relationship with God and also about baptism and repentance tonight. We promised many things in the name of Christ to her that if she would do them, God would answer her tonight with an unmistakeable answer. The Spirit in the room was strong as we left and committed her to baptism if she found it was true.

The Mann! (Jake)

Thursday: January 12th, 2017
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK! #2
So we woke up this morning to a text from Brittany which said in effect, "I'm sorry for texting you so late(11:40pm is late for us sleeping missionaries) but I had to tell you what happened. As I prayed tonight, I felt something different than just the peace and calm feelings that normally come. I felt as if I were somewhere else, my heart started pounding super fast and I also felt like someone was with me and the moment I started praying about (personal subject) I immediately began to cry and felt so great. I also promised God I'd be baptized after my birthday!" It was a crazy thing to wake up to! So intense! This is just evidence that God knows His children and WILL answer them when they pray with a sincere heart, real intent, and having faith in Christ.(Moroni 10:3-5) I love being a missionary and seeing God's hand work right before our very eyes. God is real and does indeed hear us, we must be ready to listen when we pray though so we don't miss the still small voice and the whispering of the Spirit.

It has been a very eventful week full of just about everything! Wouldn't trade any of these experiences for anything else because they have helped me truly see that God does indeed live and is at work with the children of men. It's just amazing to see it all come together one puzzle piece at a time.

Verses of the Week:
Book of Mormon:
Jacob 6:11
"O then, my beloved brethren, repent ye, and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life."

Doctrine and Covenants:
D&C 20:37
"All those who humble themselves before God, and desire to be baptized, and come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits, and witness before the church that they have truly repented of all their sins, and are willing to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end, and truly manifest by their works that they have received of the Spirit of Christ unto the remission of their sins, shall be received by baptism into his church."

Love you all and hope you have a great week!
-Elder Rivera


No comments:

Post a Comment