England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Friday, January 13, 2017

Dream BIG, Be Yourself, and Remember Who You Are..!

Well!!! Hello everyone and hello 2017!!! Can you believe it..? Crazy that another year has come and gone and now we are looking at another January... weird enough right? I hope that everyone's New Year went well and that you all enjoyed the Holiday season! It was a grand ol time in England for sure! Far better excitement and enjoyment this time around compared to my first Christmas and New Years but hey, it happens! Great things are coming soon to the missionary world and it is an exciting time to work so closely with President during it all! Truly a privilege beyond measure. Grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to learn beside president and also with so many missionaries. 2016 was a HUGE year for me but I'm even more excited to see what 2017 will bring my way!

Wednesday: December 28th, 2016
We had moves  all day with President and nothing else really happened today.

Thursday: December 29th, 2016
Well, 21st birthday was a success! We went to two of our favorite restaurants today (Peri-Peri and Toby Carvery) and then Elder Niuelua and I had a pretty sweet exchange together! We did a lot of goal setting for what we wanted to become in the upcoming year. Good stuff and super spiritual.

Representing Statler and Ashlen Cluff!
Love you both!
Friday: December 30th, 2016
Well, today was fun. I headed off to Newbury for a roaming exchange and it took about 4 hours to get down there due to delays and I also missed a train... oops. We did some contacting when I got there and then well... I got sick from food poisoning... great fun!

Saturday: December 31st, 2016
I finished up my exchange in Newbury today and then I headed back still feeling a bit sick in the stomach but I dealt with it. Nearly slept the whole way back and nearly missed my stop haha. Anyways, something cool that happened, Elder Chapman(lives above us with Elder Chrimes) gave us Christmas presents and he gave me a tie with kangaroos on it(he's from Australia) and he said that the reason why was because a tie is meant to make someone look good and he references it back to how I make the Savior look good by the example I set and also the amount of kangaroos on it portrayed the amount of lives I've touched throughout the course of my mission. Might sound funky, but that was the biggest answer to a prayer ever... God works in mysterious ways but He knows what He is doing for sure.

Sunday: January 1st, 2017
So stayed in the flat all day due to being sick and following mission mom's order of resting so I could be better for the coming days of training and such and to just let it run its course. Did so and I'm doing great now!!! I don't know if its the way American's cook their food or if its all the weird chemicals we use but I have never gotten food poisoning so much in my life than in England... haha. What a way to start off 2017 though right?

Monday: January 2nd, 2017
Went to presidents again today and took care of the final pieces of moves and also covered the trainings we will be doing later this week regarding the #NS2017 and also a few things we'll be doing with the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders on Friday. Pretty intense stuff and I'll have to put together another presentation and get it ready to present on Friday! Should be fun!

Tuesday: January 3rd, 2017
Had the chance to work with Elder Mahaffey for the first time with him being one of the most recently called Zone Leaders and boy... we laughed so much! It was like working with Elder Tunnicliffe all over again but we just had a blast! Had to take care of a bit of administrative work for President due to the lack of some things on our accounting sheets for baptisms but then we had a super sweet miracle with our friend Anita! We talked on the doorstep for about 30 minutes and it was just a super powerful moment with her! She shared a ton of things about her life and we just had a very good but powerful common conversation with her and then extended the invitation to teach her family and she agreed to have us back over again this Saturday so please pray for them!!!

The fog in England is crazy..

It has been an eventful week over here in England! Congratulations to my two best friends Statler and Ashlen, sealed for time and all eternity! So happy for you both!!! Love you!

Thank you everyone for the support you give and I hope to hear from each of you soon! Happy New Years and let's make 2017 one to remember!

In my studies, I have begun reading the Doctrine and Covenants along with the Book of Mormon and will be able to finish both by the time I finish my mission and so I'll be sharing insights from both parts of my study for "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

Verse of the Week:
Book of Mormon:
2 Nephi 29:5
"And the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them; wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, which was had among their fathers."

Doctrine and Covenants 6:11
"And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convincing them of the error of their ways."

Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment