England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Friday, January 13, 2017

Stay By The Tree...!

Hello everyone!

We've had a super good week! We've begun our Christmas conferences and they have been so much fun! Stressful getting everything together and it has been an awesome experience being with the missionaries.

Wednesday: December 7th, 2016
We had MLC today and it was the longest one we've had in a while but things went well. We covered things on the Book of Mormon reading from January to April... I received a strong prompting to begin reading earlier and finish the Book of Mormon by the time I head home by diving in super deep into my studies. It's been the strongest study I've had so far and it has turned out super well so far!

Thursday: December 8th, 2016
I had a good day today roaming in the Weston Supermare Area with the elders there and we did some awesome beachside contacting.

Friday: December 9th, 2016
I had the chance to work with Elder Baum again and today was just a super sweet exchange. We Started with a district meeting in Guildford and then headed back to our flat where we did a few hours of finding and then we had an awesome night of basketball with the members and some friends they invited! Had so much fun with playing half court 4 on 4, needless to say, shots were falling and the competition added to the fire! Good night and just a good way to get people involved using our talents and skills.

Saturday: December 10th, 2016
We had an awesome Elder's Quorum activity today and it was sick! A member who is ex-military set up a shooting range in the cultural hall(we didn't shoot) but we got to watch the others run through the course and shoot targets with airsoft guns. Pretty good day and then we had a pretty powerful exchange where we talked about the things we wanted to achieve and do/learn before we head home.

Sunday: December 11th, 2016
So again, my Book of Mormon studies have been super good and powerful and I've thoroughly enjoyed this study, more than ever before! As you look to the book, you look to the Lord! Funny moment of the night was we were out tracting and a guy answered the door who had an accent and Elder Cloward asked him where the accent came from and as he did, the man looked up, pointed up and said, "The Sky..." and then closed the door. Pretty funny moment! Haha. Another one I'll have to share at another time about our friend Paul, remind me hah!

Monday: December 12th, 2016
Typical day at President's and then we headed off to the temple to help do any final set ups for the Western Zone Tri-Zone Conference and were also in charge of making sure all the missionaries were in their accommodations and not causing any trouble. Good thing our missionaries are the best! Haha. It was a late night getting back though but super excited for the temple trip for us next week. We have the privilege of being at all of the conferences but we only go through the temple with our eastern group so looking forward to that and the answers it will bring me!

Tuesday: December 13th, 2016
Awesome Zone conference! Can't talk much about it yet but I'll share more when we have ours on the 20th! But we shall say that it is an awesome reminder of the beacon of Light that Christ is and the reason we fight urgently to reach and Stay By The Tree..!

Wednesday: December 14th, 2016
Today is Elder Cloward's birthday and so we celebrated with some lunch at a place called Chimichanga(pretty good mexican food but the wait was LONG!!!) Anyways, finishing up scholarship applications now and still waiting for BYU to respond but things are going super well... December 24th marks my Doctrine and Covenants challenge where I'll read a section a day leading up to my final night in the mission and have a few moments to reflect on what has happened in the past 2 years to me and to my testimony of Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven!

Pics:

Well... I'd send some pics but for some reason... my iPad reset itself today and I lost A LOT of apps and photos and everything else... pretty bummed about it and the worst part about it... I won't get most of the applications back that I need in my current calling but at least I won't have to worry to much about it anyways... I'll end up getting a new system when I get back anyway. New Macbook Pro perhaps? =)

Love you all and hope everything continues to be jolly this Christmas Season! Look forward to seeing the family for Skype in 11 days!!! Gonna be super sweet to see you all and catch up after nearly 6 months has passed again... can you believe it...? Time is going by fast. Nearly 150 days left in England... scary thought but that's reality... the sisters in my MTC group go home at the end of this transfer which smacks the reality button again... Crazy to think about how far we have all come in nearly 18 months and the time we'll all remember serving in this mission!

Well, love you all! Talk to you soon!

The Three Englandites

Love,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment