England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Christ's Love is Infinite

Love Day 2017!

Good morning everyone!

This week has been a blast! Moves are finally finished and well... needless to say, I'm super excited for my last 2 transfers! Crazy right... I'll be seeing you all soon enough but there is still work to be done and that is just what is going to get done over these last 12 weeks! Crazy week but full of excitement! Shorter week due to our preparation day being on Saturday so sorry for the shorter email this week but next week will be loads better!

Sunday: February 12th, 2017
Wonderful Sabbath today! My companions and I all gave talks at Sacrament meeting(hasn't happened often in my mission which was nice for a change) and we all had our own topic we decided to cover and I covered "Finding Joy in the Journey" while my companions talked about "Christlike Service" and "Choose Ye This Day". We also had a really great lesson with Maureen today and she is ready for Saturday! Super excited for her and she is just loving everything about life right now! Amazing to see what the Gospel can do to someone who invites it willingly into their heart and their life! 

Monday: February 13th, 2017
Short accounting today and well... moves! Can't say much right now cause of course it's not published out yet but not to much was changed around the mission. We counted and it was only about 37/91 changes which is pretty good for what normally happens haha. Good things happening though around the mission and in the work. A lot of people getting closer to baptism and even more entering the waters than the years previous! Just stuff to be super excited about!

Tuesday: February 14th, 2017
Happy Valentine's Day! Lots of love from me to all of you! We even had some fun today! We were praying before studies today and I had a thought come to mind in making heart shaped notes for people we contact throughout the day and we gave them chocolate with it. God is good and brings out the creative side of me that I didn't know I fully had there... maybe ceramics in high school did what it needed to do for me haha...(or not who knows) Anyways, had the chance to finally go on an official exchange with Elder Chrimes who used to live upstairs before he headed out to Poole to be a Zone Leader and we had a blast together! Had some pretty good talks about finishing our missions and what we wanted to accomplish and do with the time we have left but also covered some simple goals for what we were hoping to accomplish in the future. Had a pretty clear thought come to mind about giving BYU a shot at walking on for the basketball program which I was trying to decide whether to do or not but seems like a good plan for now... we'll have to see where that goes(still need BYU to say something first and then I can go from there).

Wednesday: February 15th, 2017
Today, we finished up the rest of moves and it is now in the books to be sent out to the rest of the mission this Friday and Saturday! Super excited to share more about it next week!

Verses of the Week:
Book of Mormon:
Alma 13:6
"And thus being called by this holy calling, and ordained unto the high priesthood of the holy order of God, to teach his commandments unto the children of men, that they also might enter into his rest--"

Doctrine and Covenants:
D&C 54:10
"And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls. Even so. Amen."

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment