England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Solo Journey Around England..!


Hello everyone!!!

Arizona in England! Mucho Mango Style!
Well this week was one for the books. Nothing to crazy happened. Oh wait. A lot happened. I got to travel a bit of England on my own due to roaming exchanges and had to work through the train systems of London to make my destinations. I'll share more later in the email though! Just know it was an adventure I'll never forget!

Wednesday: November 2nd, 2016
Well, besides more of my college stuff. I had quite the adventure today. I was going on exchanges with the Washford elders (an area far out west of the mission) and it was going to be about a 4 hour travel by train for myself. It was rather nerve racking to be honest because for one... I don't do much public transport since we always have a car so it was something new to me. However, I got dropped off by my companions and boarded the train heading into London Victoria (the main station for most travel right in the heart of London, super cool) anyways, I got off the train in Victoria and boy.... it was LOADED with people. There must have been at least hundreds to thousands of people just waiting for trains and checking times on trains coming in and everything else there. I headed to the underground system to catch my next train and this is where it got nuts... there was literally a HUGE queue (line) for the underground with roughly again, hundreds of people lined up. I had to wait about 30 minutes for the tube (underground train) and then headed off to London Paddington Station where I would then catch my 2 hour train ride into Taunton (closest area to Washford) It was super fun! 

London Paddington!
Thursday: November 3rd, 2016
So today we had a district meeting and then we taught a friend of theirs named Liam and we had a good connection together. We have similar ideas and goals in life and also background with beliefs and everything and I got to share my testimony with him and we became good friends and had a good conversation about how I came to the church and what it was like for me being involved with it since baptism and how it has changed my life. It was nice to bear my testimony to him and share examples of what it can do for someone who follows it. Then I traveled back home again for another 4 hours through the train systems but I took a different route this time through Reading and then Redhill. On the way to Redhill, I met a guy named Rob who was studying a packet on the Cerebellum(a part of the brain) and I instantly clicked on it and we started talking about medical things and school and he wants to become a neurosurgeon which I thought was intense. We had a good chat about the UK and also a bit of American in which he shared some things he literally JUST looked up about Park City in Utah for Skiing. Crazy right? Although I've never been to Utah I got to share a bit about it since I'm wanting to head there for school. We then got talking a bit about what a missionary is and what I was doing. Had a simple conversation about God and it turns out he wasn't much of a believer but he was open to the idea of looking for something and so we talked and I gave him my number and a website to check out on his own time to search for himself. It was a good way to end the trip though heading back home.

Friday: November 4th, 2016
We were on exchanges again today(where one missionary companionship comes with another companionship and we swap companions; for example: Elder Dey and Elder De Kock are companions and Elder Cloward, Elder Tunnicliffe, and I are companions but Elder Tunnicliffe went roaming into their zone and Elder Dey and I became companions for the day to work together). Pretty fun day but it was also pouring rain for the first time in a while and we went knocking into it haha. Big mistake cause we were soaked but it was worth it because we did it for Him. Also saw a super nice Ferrari that was parked in a drive way so I literally slammed on the brakes and pulled over to the side of the road to go knock the door of the owner of the car. Nobody was home though... =) He's an awesome elder though and we had some good chats along the way of our travels and also throughout the day working.

Saturday: November 5th, 2016
We did some service this morning where we helped a member put up a shed for another member(again, my power tool skills are enhancing by the month) and then we finished up our exchange and had a good chat again with Elder Dey before they left. A good time for both of us to just kind of vent to one another and figure out how we can both move forward as missionaries and individuals. Later we had a wonderful pasta dinner with the Stamps to celebrate the 5th of November(its like the 4th of July, but just not as American... haha)

Sunday: November 6th, 2016
A great fast and testimony Sunday! Quite the theme this week on giving gratitude(Thanksgiving of course) and also Charity to others. We then had a sweet "Taco Bell" style lunch with all of the office staff at a mansion... yes... a mansion. The family rents out a part of it to one of the senior couples and so... we got to tag along and enjoy a bit of some luxury today. Gotta love England!!! 

Monday: November 7th, 2016
Missionary Leadership Council: November
We had a powerful accounting today at President's. Accounting is where we report for the labors of the missionaries throughout the week and also share a bit on how each of the missionaries are doing personally and also a companionship and how their area is doing in the work. We then also conversed over items for our MLC meeting which would take place on Tuesday and we also got to see the new Christmas Initiative Video... oh my goodness!!! I hope you are all ready to #LightTheWorld throughout the December season! 

Tuesday: November 8th, 2016
MLC today went super well!!! President and Sister Gubler shared some things they were given training on at their most recent Mission President's Seminar Training in Budapest, Hungary. It was amazing things that are going to help the mission move forward a ton. One of the biggest things those was going over more of the Christmas Initiative items. #LightTheWorld in 25 ways. Over 25 days!

16 months out...! (Sister Bills, Sister Gwilliam,
Me, and Elder Persicke)
Wednesday: November 9th, 2016 
Today, well... It it my 16 month mark... don't know much to say there besides the fact that I'll see you all in 4 transfers. :( :) :l Mixed emotions... :'( =D.... anyways, yeah.


Verse of the Week:
Alma 17:3
"But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God."
(Spirit of Prophecy is the testimony of Christ)(Rev. 19:10)
(Spirit of Revelation is thoughts to the mind and feelings to the heart)

Hope you all have a great rest of your week and I hope that you all enjoy the wonderful time with President Trump..!

Love,
-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment