England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Last Melon...

March 2017 Eastern Zone Leadership Training

Good morning everyone!

Well... another transfer has come to a close and we have a shorter transfer coming up now. We have a 5 week transfer rather than the usual 6 week so it'll go by super quick but super excited for it! As you can probably tell by my subject line... as Ice Age would call it, this is my "last melon" or my last transfer in England! Elder Green headed out to train a new missionary coming in and I'm now training a new zone leader! Elder Walker is my new companion and he has a lot of potential to be a great leader in the mission and president gave me a special assignment to help him out and give him some good pointers and tips on leadership because he may soon walk the same roads I did but we shall see. When I was an assistant in Crawley, he was being trained upstairs with Elder Chrimes and so go back a bit and it's just been fun these last few hours as companions. Good memories and just good vibes of joy and hard work coming out of him.

I had a great experience this week with Conference and all and to be fair, wasn't the best week for our
zone and it was humbling. Every great warrior needs to get bruised or wounded every once in a while to remind him that he is not immortal... yet. So that's what happened to us this week. I had a humbling moment with the Lord on my knees getting ready for this last transfer and got some great direction and guidance and because we baptized the most out of the mission, we had the chance to attend a well needed and perfectly timed temple session. I couldn't have asked for anything better following an amazing General Conference, a sleepover St president's home, and then some heartfelt prayers seeking guidance on how I can make this the best transfer yet. There's a lot of stuff that I have to worry about this transfer and the pressure is really on. With My Plan, to trainings, to leading, to meetings... there is just so much that will happen this transfer and it's going to make things fly but there are good things to look forward to.

Baptismal Dinner Round #7

How I've seen it here last few days is after 21 months of service to God and to His children in England, I have 5 weeks to truly prove to myself more than anyone who I truly have become. An impression came the other night as I was praying and it said, "This last transfer will define who you are, who you have become, and what your mission really did to and for you and you'll see for yourself what you're truly made of and capable of." It was humbling and I immediately wrote down the impression when it came as I laid down in bed. Normally I wouldn't do that because I trust my mind and remember a lot of things but... Elder Rasband said to follow the first impression so I got straight up and jotted it down before it went away and I'm grateful I did because more revelation came to me in the temple regarding the impression.

I just wanted to share these small experiences this week. I'm so grateful for prophets and apostles that receive guidance and direction for us and then provide exactly what we need to hear every single April and October when we get to listen to them! Just like our beloved prophet explained... there is nothing greater that you can do each day than read from the Book of Mormon. The greatness of the evidence of these last days is found within its pages and the feelings that come to you through the power of the Holy Ghost. I love the Book of Mormon and I'm grateful for the chances I've had to deeply study and ponder its teaching over my mission and it has helped establish a great foundation for the rest of my life and I know it can do the same for all those who sincerely pick it up and read from it too.
Looked like Harry Potter so thought I'd send a pic

Love you all! Have a great week!

Verses of the Week:

Book of Mormon:
With finishing the Book of Mormon again, I share the same everlasting promising scripture from Moroni!

Moroni 10:3-5
3 "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

Doctrine and Covenants
D&C and 103:36
"All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith."

The Last Companion...
Quote of the Week:
"The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence."

Conference Quote of the Week:
"God's greatest reward goes to those who have no expectation of reward."

Love,
-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment