England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Thursday, September 29, 2016

I Know That My Redeemer Lives...

Heya everyone!

Hope everyone has had a brilliant week... it's been a tiring and busy one again over here in the land of England but that's the way I like it! It's starting to cool down a bit finally (crazy how I complain about 70-80 degree weather being hot now...) anyways, it's nearly October again... weird right... Conference right around the corner... then Thanksgiving and then Christmas again! Best time of the year is here!

Central Zone Conference!

Thursday: September 22nd, 2016
We had our first Zone Conference of the month and it went down super well. Choppy here and there but I guess that's what happens when you run through everything for the first time. Following the meeting and after a long wait as someone we were taking home had to meet with president, we drove the long 2 1/2 drive down into Plymouth from Poole. It was super late but we had an amazing car discussion the whole way down.(mainly doctrine, conversion stories, and mission strengths and struggles)(essentially 21 questions for missionaries haha)


Friday: September 23rd, 2016
The wonderful Fold family!
Elder Phelps and I celebrated a good exchange we had together with eating Sizz All (amazing buffet restaurant with everything possible in it) We finished up with our Plymouth exchanges and then drove another 2 1/2 hours down to Poole and had dinner with an awesome family called the Fold's(currently looking into the church)! We had a powerful dinner discussion about the importance of the church and how God guides us across a bridge and is essentially telling us to "not look down" as we cross and once we safely cross, we reach the goal and the door back to the treacherous bridge is closed and we are safely enwrapped in his arms. Then we headed down to Weymouth and I got to have my roaming exchange with them!

Saturday: September 24th, 2016
We had a super good exchange and a powerful review... I mean, the Spirit led my words and the things I shared with them and God was good to all of us in there... after finishing, we finally headed back to our area after being 4 days away on travel and exchanges and conference. Crazy to think that next week will make my 7th general conference I've watched since joining the church. I can't wait to hear from our living prophet and living apostles.

Sunday: September 25th, 2016
So today was great! Elder Cloward received strict instruction to stay in bed all day to get healthy and rest from his sickness and so him and I both stayed home all day and a he rested, I managed to study a lot of the Book of Mormon. Mainly the Isaiah chapters... the least to say is I was thoroughly nourished by the good word of God with new insights this time around studying Isaiah's words.

Monday: September 26th, 2016
So we were supposed to account today with president but circumstances changed due to some stuff. Anyways, we ended up going to look for a new flat and the first one we really liked on the advertisement we loved and put a deposit on it. However, there were still 2 other viewings that Simon was going to show. Strangely enough, as we were leaving, both of my companions had a very strong feeling that one of those viewers could use the flat more than us, so we called and canceled our deposit. We all felt really good after doing so. It was for a wise purpose in God in which we knew not.

Tuesday: September 27th, 2016
Another Zone Conference with the central tri zones and man... it was powerful! A lot better than the first one and it was just a lot of good fun and enjoyment was all around the room! President bore another powerful testimony at the end and it was just ringing true to my heart... I learned a lot of personal things I was looking for and needed and God delivered through my priesthood leader. I was so grateful for it and it helped me establish my next step to becoming a better missionary and a better individual.

Still got it... :) Light Outs #10(BYU Basketball?)
Wednesday: September 28th, 2016
Today is just a relaxing day... we got our stuff done already and we are all pretty knackered so we might just rest a tad today before our last conference tomorrow...

Verse of the Week:
2 Nephi 19:2
"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."

Love,
-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment