England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"At One" with Him in every mo"Ment"

Hello Everyone,

This week has been a great one! We were pretty busy with meetings this week but they all went super well! It's been another cold and wet week as well... Was hoping some Spring would shoot up soon but I guess we aren't quite there yet! Almost though! I hope everyone has had a great week as well! England is just amazing! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else serving the Lord and His children!

Tuesday: April 5th, 2016
We had an amazing MLC today... President shared some amazing experiences and we also got some amazing new things we are going to do with the mission. One is that as a mission, we will study 12 Week again and make it a focus for improving our fundamentals and skills again. All you sports players knows how important fundamentals are to become great, same thing with missionary work. Back to the basics so we can achieve great things!

Wednesday: April 6th, 2016
Happy birthday to the church! It was a super good day. We had DLC and then we had exchanges after and it was a very powerful exchange. I had some nudges from the Spirit to do some things that were a tad different but this elder needed it and boy oh boy, did we feel the Spirit with the little activity we did. I'm grateful for the Spirit and guiding me on what to help an elder who was in a rough patch, but I'm sure after this, the Lord will carry him to where he needs to be.

Thursday: April 7th, 2016
Had district meeting today and that went super well and then we finished up our exchanges and then we did some driving for Elder Lika. He has his driving test next Friday so hopefully he passes!

Friday: April 8th, 2016
Weekly planning and a pretty eventful day in Hythe. We went and visited some members out there and had a great time with them and taught about the importance of the Atonement and how we can be
"reclaimed"(Mormon message) through its power. We also drove 40 minutes to respond to a referral we got from the office about a lady who just got out of the hospital and wanted a priesthood blessing. So we accepted and drove out there and turns out... The lady had an operation for sure and we asked her if she requested a visit and from her second floor window she says, "no, I just had an operation and can't go down the stairs, sorry chaps." Ugh... You're telling me we drove 40 minutes to find the right lady but she never requested it... Hmm. Well, we did our part and who knows, she'll probably call back again. The Lord just was testing us to see if we would respond I bet!

Saturday: April 9th, 2016
Today we took some time to build a newsletter for the zone and that took quite a while... It's causing me to get creative so I love it! Haha

Sunday: April 10th, 2016
We had a great fast Sunday today and the testimonies of the members were super strong! All focused on the Atonement. We had Sebastian show up to church today and he brought his friend Daniel who just came to England the other day! He wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon now to! Pretty sweet miracle.


Verse of the Week:
2 Nephi 33:3
"For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry."

This transfer we are studying the Atonement as a mission and so far, I have gained so much from studying it. I will include a verse each week from the studies on the Atonement and I'll even attach the PDF in a separate email for all of you that would like to study it as well!

Verse of the Week about the Atonement:
2 Nephi 9:21
"And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam."

I hope everyone continues to do well! Thank you all for the emails! For those of you who are slacking a bit, I forgive you and just know I love you and hope to hear from you soon!😉

Have a great week!

Lots of love,

-Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment