England London South Mission: July 9, 2015- July 2017
Family/ Friends please send letters to letter address and packages to package address. I will update letter address if a transfer were to take place. Package address will remain the same. Thanks!

Letters Address:
22 COPELAND HOUSE
RATHLIN ROAD
CRAWLEY
RH11 9GA

Packages Address:
Elder Zachary Rivera
England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey RH7 6NB
United Kingdom

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Reading District Meeting!

Hello everyone!

Oh my goodness... how is it already the end of November??? Thanksgiving is this Thursday and a lot of members have us lined up for dinner so I am going to gain a couple of pounds this week! haha In preparation for Thanksgiving, I have been writing down each day, something I am thankful for. There truly are so many things to be grateful for but for this specific year, I was truly taken back to everything that God has done and given me in my life so far and the things He is continuing to offer me as I do my part. The list has come together nicely and I have been able to truly see God's hand in my life more as I have pondered over the things I have in my life, truly blessed. Its been a good week, we just finished up dropping off people for transfers so we get the rest of the day for ourself. This next transfer will be the best due to Christmas, Thanksgiving, and my birthday... its crazy... I won't be a teen anymore! (there goes that excuse...) But yeah, a very good week!

Tuesday: November 17th, 2015
We had our first of three exchanges this week with the Woodley Elders. Myself and Elder Redd got to move out a flat the entire exchange and a couple of lessons in between but other than that, we  watched the entire special features section of Meet the Mormons (watch it if you haven't had the opportunity) so we were up late (oops...) It was our last exchange together so we said... "bah, who needs sleep... lets watch Meet the Mormons!"

Wednesday: November 18th, 2015
So we exchanged back and then we headed to Basingstoke to begin our next exchange. Myself and Elder Schulthies had a killer one together... it was super cold, but we had a good time visiting some potentials and following up with some former's we met.

Thursday: November 19th, 2015
Now at the last exchange of the week and I went up to Didcot with Elder Phelps and we again, had a really great exchange. We had to do some traveling so that took part of the day but we were able to be effective with the time that we had. We did some super late night contacting (8:00 PM) and we were freezing... England doesn't joke around in the winter!!!(especially the wind! Icy Wind+Rain= a not so good time...)

Friday: November 20th, 2015
We were waiting for leadership calls all day to see what the beginning of moves was gonna have in store for us and then we did some work around Didcot!

Saturday: November 21st, 2015
Transfers are almost compared to Christmas... you receive an email and it has every single detail on who is moving, new calling and positions, new zones... etc. It is literally the most nerve racking day of the transfer because if you don't receive a call... you're in the dark until that email is sent out to you in the morning. But we went to the chapel to figure things out and then we had some contacting and a lesson with Alice and then we headed home to finish up planning for the upcoming week.

Sunday: November 22nd, 2015
Typical great Sunday as usual, the talks were about keeping the Sabbath Day holy again and the importance of doing our best to always remain reverent throughout the day. Then we had accounting and that was all!

Monday November 23rd, 2015
Yesterday wasn't our preparation day so we helped the Reading Elders clean out a flat again (only had to bring a wardrobe downstairs) but then we traveled back to do a progress record and also had a lesson with Michael before we had a delicious roast dinner at Tammy's... oh man, roast dinners are still definitely on the top of the list of my favorite meals out here so far... besides the fish and chips of course! (could do for some Pete's sauce but I can deal I guess...haha=)

Verses of the Week:
3 Nephi 27:21-22
21 "Verily, verily I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do, even that shall ye do;
22 Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

3 Nephi 27:25-26
25 "For behold, out of the books which shall be written, and which shall be written, shall this people be judged, for by them shall their works be known unto men.
26 And behold, all things are written by the Father; therefore out of the books which shall be written shall the world be judged."

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!
Eat up all that wonderful food like there's no tomorrow!=)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

With Love,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment